11 March 2009

Paul is out of surgery

Well, the worst is over.

The doctor said that he replaced the 3 bad bypasses. He said that Paul's blood vessels are so small that there was no where else to put blood vessels. He said that Paul had his ONLY bypass surgery, there is no place else to put blood vessels.

It took the doctor 2 hours to cut the heart out of all the scar tissue before he could start the bypasses.

Paul is still sleeping and on the ventilator. They will let him wake on his own and remove the vent from his throat in the morning.

He is not bleeding because they did some precautionary platelet and blood products at the beginning of the surgery. It's a good thing because he needed it.

They are trying to keep his blood pressure down and warm his body up. He did rouse enough to know I was holding his hand but that's about it.

4 comments:

Susan Wise said...

Thank you for the update. Paul has been in my good thoughts all day. Sounds like everything is preceding as normal. Will wait for further updates from you. Susan and Rick

Anonymous said...

Mom, I wish I could be there to hold your hand. I feel for you and miss you most when you are having trying times. I'm glad to hear that Paul made it through the surgery. I of course holdyou both in my prayers. I Love you!

kelsey said...

mom,
I couldn't agree more with Candy, she said it perfectly. I love you, Kels

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more with either of them. We love you guys! Your friends the lambs...