30 March 2009

Improvement for Paul

Well, the doctor came in today and said that Paul doesn't have C DIF. I haven't told you sooner that he had diarrhea for 4 days and they thought it might be C-DIF. That can be spread person to person and cause a perforation in the bowel (it can sometimes cause death, but we weren't talking about that!). The diarrhea is apparently caused by the antibiotics and will improve when they stop them. Meantime he needs the antibiotics for 14 days to completely get rid of the pneumonia.

So, there are more complications caused by the treatment, bummer. They just brought him back from an EGD (esophago-gastro-duodenoscopy) and we don't have the results yet but they were looking for the possibility of an ulcer caused by the treatments. The next step is a colonoscopy tomorrow. (Boy, they will have looked at all Paul's organs from the inside by the time they're finished here, lol.)
(Forgive the spelling, spell-checker doesn't know how to spell these either)

Paul is breathing MUCH better and they did an EKG that looked good. He still has lots of fluid retention but the doc said he'll get right on it. He thinks the steroids probably caused that and he'll have them stop the steroids gradually.

I'm escaping every day or two to maintain my sanity. Today I saw Duplicity. It was okay but confusing to follow. I've also seen Hotel For Dogs and Coraline in 3D (I told you I was desperate, lol). I am escaping to the Wooly Wonders yarn shop to knit with the "girls" for 2 hours Tu & Th and usually a couple hours on Saturday. I've made some nice things but best of all, I've learned lots about knitting, woo-hoo!

No comments: