13 March 2011

The Jury's still out

I did have the injection in my neck at C5-6 three days ago. I'm not sure if there's any change. There might me less needle pain in my toes but numbness is still there. I'll see the doctor Tuesday and make a better evaluation then.

She is scheduled to inject my low back again BUT, I'm not sure that's a good idea. I have had a really hard time since the last one. I may not be handling the steroids all that well. I talked to the anesthesiologist because I thought what he was using was causing me so much sleeplessness. He said everything he used was quick and short acting. He did say that the steroid could keep me from sleeping.

I have felt so lousy since Thursday that I called the doctor and asked for a sleeping pill. (any of you that know me, know that's TOTALLY out of character for me) I did take one Ambien on Friday night and slept for almost 11 hours. But, I felt lousy all the next day. (I don't even feel like knitting). So I took 1/2 a Xanax before bed on Saturday night (I thought the Ambien was too strong for me). I slept 10 hours but still didn't feel any better in the morning. I went to church and came home to take a nap. I don't know what's wrong, I have no fever or any other symptoms. The only thing I can figure is, it's the steroids. Maybe I shouldn't have injections weekly? I see the doctor again Tuesday and we'll discuss this new situation and decide.

1 comment:

Pawson Travels said...

Karen,
I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. It must be miserable having painful, numb feet. I hope the doctors can help relieve some of these symptoms.