08 March 2011

I'm a Little Down Today

I saw the pain doctor again, today. I'm getting discouraged again. I've had no relief from the last injection. I was so hopeful. She has one more trick up her sleeve. She's going to inject specifically at S1 right and left. (She is going to still inject the neck this Thursday, we'll see what the effect is there.)

She also suggested neurostimulation. That's where they surgically implant wires at the spine and hook you up to a battery operated stimulator. (It sends electrical impulses to the brain so the pain signals can't get through.) There is a trial stimulator first and if it's successful, they do the permanent implant under the skin.

Her last resort is to refer me to the spine surgeon.

You can see why I might be a little down today, right?

No comments: