22 August 2010

Thousand Oaks to Paradise, California

Well, Paul got a clean bill of health from the spine doctor, Hooray!!!

He had a neck x-ray, acupuncture treatment, physical therapy, etc before being released from care. We packed up the motor home and hit the road, seems like old times. He was feeling so good that he wanted to drive, and DRIVE he did. He drove almost 500 miles from Thousand Oaks to Paradise, California.

We arrived about 9pm and found a parking place at the ELKS Lodge. Tired and hot we hooked up, leveled, put out slides and satellite up before hitting the sack. This is a quiet RV park by the ELKS Lodge with pine trees, oak trees and grass. It's right in the center of town but you wouldn't know it.

Saturday we ran a couple errands and had dinner at HULA'S Mongolian Bar-B-Que, the best I've EVER had ANYWHERE!!! (We waited in line for an hour and it was worth it. I don't wait in for much of anything!)

Sunday I spent a couple hours with my brother before attending church where my dad is second counselor in the bishopric. We then had dinner at one of my daughters house to celebrate Katy-Beth's 3rd birthday. I love my family and miss them so. What a blessing to have 3 daughters and their families together today.

1 comment:

BaadCat said...

Love you guys. Wish I could have been there too. Glad Paul has a clean bill of health.Miss you