20 August 2010

Doctors and Surgery

Well, the news we've all been waiting for...Paul's neck surgery was successful. Yesterday the doctor cleaned up two herniated disks and Paul can feel with his fingers again and he has improved range of motion in his neck.

Hooray for Paul and thanks to Dr. Chiu. By the way, Dr. Chiu's planning to visit Anchorage twice a year, what do you know about that?

Also yesterday, we got the call from the doctor that the referrals came for Paul to see the cardiologist and endocrinologist. I called and got appointments for Sept. 1st and 3rd. Also my appointment with the primary care doc is Sept 2nd. It's starting to look like a 'perfect world' to me.

Oh and more good news, the lab report came in Wednesday evening that said everything looked good. My thyroid was NORMAL, after not taking any for 2 weeks!!! I was right, I was being 'poisoned' by taking any at all. Life is good!

I will have 2 doctor's appointments 2 weeks apart but that sounds like it's going to be simple enough to come home to Homer sooner rather than later, time will tell.

No comments: