02 August 2010

Finally, some News.

We finally have surgery dates for Paul's herniated disks in his neck, August 18-20



That means we will be arriving in Las Vegas the week before to see our primary care doctor for referrals to his cardiac and diabetes doctors. (all that takes 2 to 3 weeks)



From Las Vegas, we'll drive to Thousand Oaks, CA to see Dr. Chiu for Paul's surgery (actually a repair not a vertebra fusion). It's the same surgery I had about 9 years ago with the same doctor, very successful!!!



We will go from there to Paradise, CA about August 21 for a week's visit with my dad and 4 of my daughters. We'll then drive back to Las Vegas to see the other doctors (however long that takes). (But we all know that, when you're dealing with an HMO, it's never a perfect world).



In a perfect world, we'd be ready to fly back to Homer Alaska by the 10 of September, I'm just hoping to be back by the middle of October (I'm trying to be realistic here, lol)

No comments: