02 May 2009

Down to the wire

The time is drawing near for us to start driving home. I'm getting excited and we've been VERY busy.

Yesterday we had 4 doctors appointments, pick up our old computers, (a friend was able to look at them) and then drive up to the mountain pass to load the camper on the truck. We didn't get home for 12 hours, long day.

Today I took red velvet cupcakes to the Yarn shop for my goodbye party. I got a nice surprise there. 4 of my knitting sisters bought me 2 gorgeous merino sock yarns. There were balloons and a few others brought cake and snacks. I also got cards signed by just about everybody (such nice sentiments too). I'm sure going to miss all of them. I wish there were some way to take them with me to Alaska. I'll keep in touch online through Ravelry, Facebook and this blog, it just won't be the same.

Tomorrow is our much needed day of rest and Monday is going to be another marathon. One more doctors visit and pick up Bob from the airport. Get him familiar with the truck and camper and make sure he has all he needs for the long drive. (He'll drive it to Washington and pick up his wife and they will drive together to Homer.)

We have been so blessed to have friends that will drive our truck and camper to Alaska for us. Bob and Patty will drive to Homer and visit for a few days then take a cruise through Southeast Alaska back to their home in Washington (Vashon Island).

Then Tuesday morning we drive out of Las Vegas for California, Whoopee! We're down to the wire and everything is getting done, we're so blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, I am confused, Which is easy to do with only a few hours sleep. Are you guys flying up or driving up? And about when? Sorry if this is confusing, like I said little to no sleep.