13 May 2009

Stopped in Junction City, Oregon




We had a wonderful 4 days with my family. All seven of my children and their 'other half' were there with 26 of my 27 grandchildren. Whew, what a crew.



They played a little soccer together and decorated the church for my dad's 80th birthday party. They also prepared food for the event. They worked together well and the little ones (ages 3 months to 19) played together well too. The 2 littlest ones walked around holding hands the entire weekend, too cute.




I think my dad had a good time. The unfortunate thing about reaching your 80th birthday is that you've outlived many of your friends and usually a spouse. Fortunately, he found a wonderful new spouse and he's made many, many younger friends! He sure doesn't look 80!!!

Monday we drove to Junction City Oregon. We are parked at Davis Cabinet having our TV cabinet rebuilt to house a new TV. (The old one is square and the new one is a wide rectangle.)




We are researching an electrical issue. Might be an inverter problem but there is a trustworthy man right here in J.C. that can look at it later today. By Thursday evening we should be heading out for Washington. (That is, "IF" we have a simple remedy for the inverter!)




I called the Wooly Wonders yarn shop in Las Vegas yesterday. I was knitting and missing my sweet friends so I called during a Knit Meet-up to say "Hello". I'm so glad we have family there because I know I'll be able to visit again in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you had to have one bump in the road up here again, didn't ya? ; )