25 April 2009

The Final Doctors Release

Paul saw the cardiac surgeon Thursday and got released. The doctor was pleased with Paul's progress and said "go out and live life, use that heart".

We have been very busy seeing doctors and getting his medications finalized. We have been driving around town trying to get other errands done between doctor appointments.

Our next event was last night when we attended "Savior of the World" at the Henderson Pavilion. It was a very touching musical about the birth and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was performed by local members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was fantastic, I wish everyone could have seen it but tonight is the last performance.

Next on the list is that I'm going Thursday to see the Jersey Boys with our friend Rosalynd Munson. I've been wanting to see them since Susan Wise told me about them. (Paul hasn't wanted to see them so I had to find a friend to go with me.)

Then on Friday night, Paul and I are taking his sister Arla to see Phantom of the Opera. We have orchestra seats and it should be pretty exciting when the chandelier drops. It's too bad we've been here for 7 months and haven't been anywhere but poor Paul just hasn't been up to much. I'm so happy to have a healthier, stronger Paul back in my life.

We are making plans to leave Las Vegas on May 5th and head to Los Angeles before we go to Paradise for my dad's 80th birthday party. I've been richly blessed to have my dad around so long and to have him healthy and happily married. (Boy, what more could a daughter wish for her father?)

I've so enjoyed the time I've spent at the Wooly Wonders yarn shop in Las Vegas. The owner and other employees have been very helpful and friendly. I've also enjoyed the friendship of many women knitters (and crocheters) three times a week (in "knit meet-ups" and "open knit" on Saturdays). I couldn't have hand picked nicer people to keep me company for these many months. I'm going to miss all of them and they don't know what a difference they have made in my life. I can't thank them enough, I can only hope to "pay it forward".

Soon it will be "Goodbye Las Vegas" and "Look out Alaska, here we come!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEPPIE! We will smother you guys with our loves when we see ya again!