22 February 2011

First Injection, it's a start

Last Thursday I had my first injection in the low back. Today was the first visit with the doctor for follow-up and make the future plans.

The first one was helpful. I usually needed to lean over a grocery basket to walk thru the store. Friday I walked in to Walmart and out without hanging over the basket. Woo-hoo!!!

I didn't get any relief for my painful feet yet so the doctor decided to skip the second shot in the same place and opted for a different approach. She's going to insert a catheter and inject the medication on several levels down the low back. We're both thinking that should effect the feet.

It will take two weeks to meet the insurance guidelines for each successive injection BUT, I also need my neck fixed so we're going to try to alternate between low back and neck and then I can have an injection every Thursday. Time will tell if that works, it's great in theory.

There is still no light at the end of the tunnel yet so we don't know when we'll be home. When I finally do see the light, I may be fearful that it's the train and not the end of the tunnel.

No comments: