26 February 2012

Headache Saga continues

Well, by Monday my headache wasn't any better. So, off to the emergency room I go! We spent 6 hours having CT scan, Chest X-ray, Blood Work, and finally a Spinal Tap. I really liked the doctor in the ER he was friendly, thorough and quick. He said there was nothing in the spinal fluid, it was crystal clear. He pronounced me very healthy and gave me pills for migraine headache and referred me to an neurologist.

I was lucky to get in to the neurologist by Thursday and he thinks it is actually a migraine that is perpetuating itself. He prescribed a vasoconstrictor, muscle relaxer, and prednisone. He said that he wants to stop all the symptoms that are causing each other.

Finally I got some relief. I think I still have some pain in my head that's soreness from the 10 days of swelling. I want to see the neurologist soon to get a little fine tuning. What to do if this happens again, etc.

I was very difficult to diagnose because I keep walking after everyone else has gone to bed. I tolerate much more pain than most people and the doctors can't tell how much pain I'm actually experiencing. I got that reminder from my girlfriend yesterday.

Another note, I cancelled my shoulder surgery. My pain is almost gone and I can lift my arm above my head again. It's a miracle, no doubt about it! I'm VERY hopeful that we can come home soon. We need to tie up a few loose ends and find a flight but I'm encouraged.

No comments: