23 October 2009

So many children, too little time

Well, we did get to Bobby and Katherine's in Brookings but not until 9:30pm. (so much for playing games with the kids)
Tuesday we did see the family and play games. All went well until the winds started the next evening. I couldn't believe the high winds and heavy rains. It sounded like a hurricane and kept me awake most of the night.
Thursday we drove to Redding and I spent 2 days visiting with Joy. She and I keep in touch by phone almost daily but it's so good to see her in person and show each other what we've been making.

Saturday afternoon we made it to Paradise and Sandi and Duane Talbot drove in right behind us. Paul and I visited with them, ate Chinese dinner and played hand and foot canasta. What a treat, we were having withdrawals, lol. We went to church on Sunday and barbecued some steaks for dinner. We fit in some more games and a visit before they had to head back to Santa Rose. I sure miss Sandi and really appreciate their sacrifice to be in Paradise for a visit.

I've spent marathon hours visiting with 3 of my daughters. Kimberly, Julie and Kelsey live here with 11 of my grandchildren. We have played games, eaten tasty lasagna, shopped, run errands, and visited. Tonight Paul is working on his race car trying to get it ready to race tomorrow. It's not an organized race, it's a fun race around cones up in Anderson (near Redding)

Saturday we will be celebrating Tori's birthday and watching as Michael and Hailey compete in a track and field competition similar to the Jesse Owens Track and Field events. Then it looks like we'll be heading south on Monday. Many more family to visit before we're through.

Well, it's late and I'm going to bed. I'll fill you in again in a few days or a week.

No comments: