01 September 2009

What the heck happened to August?




I just looked at the calender and I can't believe my eyes, it's already September!




This month we have made 2 trips to Anchorage (that's an overnight event). First we took a sweet lady and her husband up to her sisters for eventual back surgery. And, of course, we did shopping and errands. ON the way we saw a rainbow that touched the ground at both ends.




Second, we took Paul's sick Honda motorcycle up for a cure. Fortunately, it was just a battery problem. Seems too simple and dumb to have to make a trip all the way up there. His meter said the battery had 13+ volts but it wouldn't do anything. The starter didn't budge and the lights didn't go on. As it turned out, the battery had volts and no amps! I guess that makes sense because they put a new battery in and Voila, it runs like a champ! (I guess his battery charger fried the other battery.)




Where did the rest of the month disappear to? Piddly chores and helping others. I had the opportunity to sit with a couple dying elderly people and give respite to their loved ones. I've cleaned the pantry cupboard and reorganized it. We cleaned out the boxes from the spare room/office that have been ignored since we moved in to the house. Oh yeah, I paid the property taxes, ON TIME!!! Whew, I'm glad that's done. I was having a stomach ache over that one!




Sorry, I almost forgot, I got a haircut while in Anchorage. It's a cute style but not a very good cut. I'll have to have Rachel fix it when we get to Las Vegas.





Which brings me to the next subject. It looks like we'll be driving the motor home down (hopefully by the end of September) and having a follow-up visit with Paul's doctors. We'll store it in Vegas and fly back and forth for future travels.




1 comment:

knitogether said...

Cute hairstyle. I like it on you a lot. I just finished the August block, but missed the Sept. meeting (oh well). Glad you're on your way.