03 September 2008

This is the first stained glass thing I have ever made. I took a class last week and finished this in about 4 hours. I picked out the glass and started cutting the pieces to match the pattern. I didn't know you could cut curved pieces without breaking the rest of the glass. I learned how to grind the rough edges and fit the pieces exactly. (the grinder had a diamond studded cylinder) I then wrapped all the edges with copper foil and sealed the edges before soldering.

I was pretty pleased with myself and when I brought it home, Paul checked it out. He paid me the highest compliment. He said it's the best soldering job he's seen (and he's been in metal works for 35 years). I guess you can tell that the colors are ALL ME, purple and pink, my favorites.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lyn Hunter said...

You did a beautiful job. I think it is amazing all the things you can do.

Nancy said...

That look great! One day I will learn how :)