11 May 2007

Portland and Hillsboro

Hi from Oregon.

Paul and I have been here for a week and the weather has been fantastic. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but we're leaving just in time.

We have had a nice time visiting Kristi and the kids off and on. We ate out and one night I made enchiladas tres pisos for the family. Even the kids liked it, I'm pleased because the kids didn't eat tacos for Kristi a couple days earlier. I drove Kristi to the doc for her lasik surgery on her eyes. she's very pleased with the results, 20/15 vision, wow.

We have also visited with Norm and Jerri Pawson (Baja Buddies) a couple times. Karen and Jerri went bike riding on the riverfront for an hour/ might have done 3 miles. It was breezy and sunny, awesome opportunity. We liked it so much that Paul bought me a recumbent bike so I can start exercising. There's less pressure and stress on my knees and since I can't so Curves any more, I need to find some physical exercise.

I got a surprise call from Bob's cousin, Trish. She said that 3 of her daughters were about 30 miles away in Washington and wanted to visit. We got together at a restaurant and talked and shared the little kids. Shaela had a 1 week old baby, and Rochelle and Alyssa had come up to visit. Ain't family great? I love getting together and visiting and catching up.

Well, tomorrow we will head to Tacoma and visit Bob and Patty Custer (more Baja Buddies) and do some last minute shopping before the drive thru Canada. (I found a table and 4 chairs at IKEA for $119, a killer deal for the cabin)

I want to make a special wish for a Happy Mother's Day to all my beautiful daughters and daughter's-in-law and thank them for my wonderful 24++ grandchildren, I couldn't be more blessed!

No comments: