12 April 2011

After the Funeral

We are finally back in Las Vegas. We had good roads and weather for the trip. The funeral was very nice. Carl Turner offered the eulogy for my brother. He did a fantastic job. He told stories from 29 years of being best friends. Craig (son) told his story of his dad. He told of the Plan of Salvation and that he knows he will see his father again when he also passes from mortality to immortality. After the graveside prayer, the family returned to the church where the members of the Paradise First Ward of the Chico California Stake of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-saints provided food. That was a good time to visit with all the family and get the much needed hugs and kisses. Denny had 7 children and 12 grandchildren. I have 7 children and 28 grandchildren. Ric had 4 boys and I don't know how many grandchildren (none of his grandchildren were there). Most of the grandchildren were at the funeral and food. What a wonderful time. All the little 2nd cousins pairing up and trouping around. I have a wonderful family and extended family. It's a sad event but it was still a sort of reunion. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve. No matter how things go from here, I can't complain, I have children, grandchildren and a father that love me!!!

No comments: