09 December 2009

Our Prayers are Answered

I let Paul sleep in on Saturday morning while I went to Wooly Wonders to knit with the "girls". I called him on the phone in the afternoon and asked how he was doing. He answered with the biggest smile in his voice "I'm doing Great!" I was surprised and asked him what that meant. He said his vision had corrected! WOW!!! The changes made to his medications for diabetes has worked to bring his blood sugar under control. That's what they said would restore his vision and they were right. Whew, we're so relieved.

He still has a follow-up appointment with the diabetes doctor on December 17th and his primary care doctor for the follow-up on his sleep study on December 18th. I think we're free to move about the country then!!!

I will fly home and Paul will drive up with his son, Ben. I think it will be good for Paul and Ben both. They will have plenty of one-on-one time to talk and Ben will work with his dad and live in Homer with us.

Ahhhhh, life is good again!!

No comments: